Saturday, August 15, 2026

Update: The Santa Fe in Williams Arizona

 I have finally been motivated to write a brief history, with images, on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe (Atlantic and Pacific) in Williams, Arizona. The facilities were not as extensive as some towns along the line; however, Williams did play an important part in railroad operations. This changed over time, with expansion of the facilities to serve the Grand Canyon Branch line. More on this later, hopefully I will soon be presenting some of my research information.

I have begun working on this project and have decided that this topic is more involved than just a few short blog posts. In order to do justice for the Santa Fe, I will be proceeding with a number of posts, generally following this outline:

I. Introduction and History; General Overview of the Williams' Facilities

II. The Roundhouse Facilities; Service Facilities

II. The Frey Marcos complex and related Facilities

IV. The Yard Facilities; Track Layout; The Industrial Area

Topical changes may occur as I proceed through the details. At least I have a structured framework to proceed. 

"Often, the hardest thing about getting started on a project, is getting started." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Update: The Santa Fe in Williams Arizona

 I have finally been motivated to write a brief history, with images, on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe (Atlantic and Pacific) in William...